DIRECTOR – PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTING
Parametric, headquartered in Seattle, WA, is a leading global asset management firm providing systematic, rules-based investment strategies and customized exposure management to institutions and individual investors around the world. We take an engineer’s approach to asset management - mathematical, pragmatic and testable. Parametric portfolio managers act as investment "engineers," creating portfolios with explicit risk and return targets and continually measuring and managing the impact of relevant costs. Our approaches are, at their roots, quantitative and rules-based. They evolve slowly, as they don’t require repeated tactical insights into valuations or market direction. Parametric is a majority-owned subsidiary of Eaton Vance Corp. and offers these capabilities through investment centers in Seattle, WA, Minneapolis, MN and Westport, CT (home to Parametric subsidiary Parametric Risk Advisors LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser).
Director – Portfolio Accounting
Department: Portfolio Accounting
This position will manage, coordinate, and direct the daily operations of all reconciliation activity: client holdings, cash, transactions and cost. This position requires a hands-on leader with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, provide excellent customer service, and motivate staff at all levels of the Portfolio Accounting department. The person in this role must feel comfortable with completing or demonstrating best practices in work at all times. This position may manage staff that work alternative hours. The ideal candidate will be data-driven with a keen attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and supervisory skills and an extensive knowledge of client portfolio reconciliation processes.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of finance and accounting principles, practices, and controls.
- Resolves issues quickly with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize initiatives and staff workloads during times of peak activity.
- Coaches and mentors staff in Portfolio Accounting department.
- Ensures that the department is adequately staffed on a day-to-day basis, and that all employees are trained, and cross-trained as needed.
- Must be comfortable with working with large datasets in MS Excel. Must be able to manage and organize datasets of 100,000+ rows of data. Must be an expert at basic Excel functionality (copying, pasting, setting up different views, sorting, and similar functionality). Intermediate knowledge (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) a plus.
- Must thrive in managing multiple projects, deadlines, client inquiries, etc. in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to delegate or allocate workloads appropriately across the team.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in the department more efficient/effective.
- Point of escalation for internal and external clients.
- Manages and identifies challenge areas and executes plans for improvement.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly reports related to all Portfolio Accounting business areas.
- Implements changes and new processes in the department.
- Reviews data exceptions routinely and non-routinely.
- Communicates with other managers, directors, external and internal staff to coordinate new initiatives or to address client needs.
- Hire additional staff members and forecast overall department resources.
- Implement and oversee operational processes with regard to new relationships and product launches.
- Defines Portfolio Accounting business requirements related to technology needs for both internal and external vendors.
- Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in finance or accounting.
- 7-10 years previous experience in the financial services industry.
- At least three years supervisory experience preferred.
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the staff.
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Advent Axys or APX, Bloomberg, SS&C Recon experience a plus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Must communicate well with all levels of staff and management, both internal and external.
- 2-3 years previous experience within the securities industry (international and domestic markets).
- Must be proficient in MS Outlook and handle large volumes (300+) of email correspondence.
- Prior work experience in investment management in an environment with over 35,000 portfolios with large volumes of activities.
- Experience with multicurrency investment accounting preferred.
- Ability to function successfully in ambiguous conditions.
- Prior experience with broker/dealer and institutional account opening, management and inner workings a plus.
- Proven experience as a leader.
Interested candidates should submit their resume online via the link below.
1918 Eighth Avenue, Suite 3100
Seattle, WA 98101