SSGA Senior Investment Strategist, Vice President
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
The SSGA Investment Solutions Group (ISG) is a premier provider of multi asset solutions. Our solutions platform offers extensive capabilities across asset allocation, risk management and fiduciary advice - motivated by client needs.
The Strategy & Research (S&R) team belongs to ISG. The other units are Portfolio Management and Outsourced CIO teams. We engage with clients to identify complex investment issues, conduct needs-based analysis, and design targeted solutions supported by proprietary research and market viewpoints.
Your role is to develop and deliver portfolio solutions aimed to achieve client specific outcomes and objectives. This will involve working with Client Facing teams on client specific analysis as well as with marketing and product development across State Street.
Your role also includes a review of current portfolios, defining appropriateness in meeting objectives, and making recommendations on improvements. This will include total portfolio projects and asset class/sub-portfolio specific projects. Individuals in this role need to share resources across the broad organisation. The position covers a wide range of investment markets and requires a high level of creativity.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
1. Portfolio Analysis/Design
• Interpretation of client objectives and determination of client's risk tolerance
• Forward looking analysis and historical simulations (incl. optimizations, monte carlo simulations or stress testing methodologies)
• Identify and quantify various risks in the client portfolios and work towards ensuring that they are adequately compensated for risks taken
• Work with investment teams to understand broad products and new concepts. Consider how these products can fit into a broader portfolio solution.
2. Client/Prospect Activities
• Engage with clients in substantial conversations to make valuable improvements to their portfolio
• Lead the New Business workflow. Coordinate RFP responses. Track New Business Opportunities. Develop investment sections of presentations and other collaterals
• Work with ISG colleagues, sales and other investment divisions to review the market place. Develop ideas to proactivly bring to clients
• Work on the development of new products and strategies
3. Market Analysis and Research
• Collaborate with colleagues to analyze broad market and environment to resolve macro issues impacting a specific investor group (e.g. defined benefit, insurance companies, official institutions etc) and actively develop potential investment options
• Build Thought Leadership to help improve SSGA's broad market positioning
• Conduct market trend analysis
Education and Experience
· Experience in asset management. Knowledge in asset allocation and risk management. Around 10 year experience
· Experience interacting with sophisticated institutional investors and asset consultants. Preferably in the Asia Pacific region.
· Bachelor Degree or above with exposure to some or all of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, and Mathematics. CFA designation, Master/Doctor's degree considered as an advantage
· Genuine interest and deep understanding of financial markets and asset allocation techniques more broadly
· Advanced skills in financial theories and applied investment solutions.
· Excellent communication skills (written and presentation)
· Ability to build global networks and a strong team orientation
· Strong Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills
· Programming skills (Visual Basic, Matlab)
· Good knowledge of financial information software (Factset, Bloomberg)
· Languages: English and Mandarin
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.