Assoc Analy I-Mutual Fund, Fixed Income
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Department: Mutual Fund Research
Location: St. Louis, MO
* Support Mutual Fund Research Team in assembling and reviewing investment data, conducting statistical analysis, and preparing investment recommendations.
* Develop the knowledge and analytical skills for investment decision-making by assisting in the fundamental investment research—selection, evaluation, and on-going monitoring—of external mutual funds, money managers, and other managed investments.
* Deliver quality service to financial advisors and internal departments by responding to information requests.
* Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program consistent with department policy.
* Finance or Accounting Bachelor's degree and/or MBA preferred
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or actively pursuing CFA designation consistent with department policy
* Series 7/63 required or attainable within six months of hire • Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, and other software programs (Morningstar Direct, Microsoft Office, FactSet, etc.) Minimum Years of Experience Required
* 2+ years experience as an analyst and/or extensive industry experience preferred. Depth of knowledge of principles and practices of a specific field of specialization such as finance, human resources, IS, marketing, etc.
* Solid knowledge of mutual fund and money management industry; strong knowledge of various managed investments including mutual funds, ETFs, separate accounts, variable annuity subaccounts
* Strong analytical and service focus • Ability to conduct investment due diligence by interviewing portfolio managers and executive management
* Strong understanding of Edward Jones investment philosophy and business model
* Strong written and verbal communication skills for preparing and presenting research to FAs, clients, mutual fund companies and internal areas within the firm
* Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to express ideas and research to other areas of the firm, mutual fund companies, and money management firms
* Ability to represent Edward Jones by meeting with money managers and senior management of mutual fund companies and money management firms.