Senior Wealth Strategist, CCG
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
* Develop solutions-based recommendations for high-net worth clients with complex needs using a team approach which require specific technical knowledge in a particular subject matter area.
* Communicate with financial advisors and clients to gain understanding of client's needs, aide in documenting client goals, articulate investment strategy and recommendations, identify expertise needed to help the client achieve their goal, and help build relationships with clients and financial advisors
* Serve as a relationship consultant to the branch for clients with more than $15,000,000 in investible assets.
* Serve as relationship manager for external firm stakeholders.
* Contribute to firm wide objectives, projects and initiatives in order to better serve branch teams and high-net worth clients.
* Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Law required
* Advanced degree preferred
* Series 7 and 66 required within 6 months of hire
* Insurance license required 6 months of hire
* CFP, JD, CFA, CPA, or CLU required and one specific subject matter designation strongly preferred
Years of Relevant Experience:
* 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
* Direct client experience as a member of the client's professional team preferred
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Personal initiative and ability to collaborate
* Ability to lead small groups and present findings in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to lead a client meeting with multiple professionals
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Understanding of Financial Advisor/BOA/branch processes including the implementation of the 5-step Asset Management process
* Understanding and alignment with the firm values, beliefs, policies, procedures as well as business objectives
* Results driven
* Well organized
* Strong analytical skills are necessary to research issues and apply appropriate solutions
* Requires critical thinking skills and sound judgment
* Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
* In-depth knowledge of financial planning concepts
* Subject Matter Expert on a specific financial planning topic
Impact on Results:
Degree of risk:
* High – business, regulatory and legal risk due to providing advice & guidance to the firm’s largest clients, however under supervision of senior associates of the department
Duration of Impact:
* Long-term consequences. Providing advice, guidance & direction to advisors and clients with long-term relationships
Span of Influence:
* This position is responsible to communications with financial advisors, clients and prospects as well as other professionals regarding Edward Jones investment philosophy, capabilities and advantages.
Degree to Which Decisions Are Complex and Non-Routine:
* Most decisions are complex and non-routine. Every client situation is different.
* Must be able to identify issues and determine resolutions
* Work will encompass highly technical specific topics
Autonomy (Degree of Accountability):
* High - Work is supervised but must know when to involve leader and/or other experts across the firm
* This position will require supervisory responsibility