The Haverford Trust Company, a recognized wealth management firm in the Philadelphia region, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our Research Team. This individual must have demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently. This position requires client interaction and collaboration with internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
Member of the equity investment research team. The team is responsible for the collection, analysis and presentation of information relevant to Haverford’s investment strategies as well as the research and development of investment tools and processes.
- Idea generation – source, develop and present investment ideas for equity strategies, consistent with Haverford’s Quality Investing philosophy
- Track and report on company developments, including earnings reports, corporate actions, and competitive dynamics
- Conduct company-specific research on existing holdings and potential opportunities in large-cap equities
- Closely follow current events and issues impacting portfolio holdings and potential investments
- Assist in preparing materials, developing theses and themes, and compiling data to be submitted to the Investment Committee
- Monitor global macro trends, including geo-political events, regional growth rates, valuations, and currency movements to effectively advise on the allocation of a global ETF strategy
- Complete due diligence and respond to ad-hoc requests on all types of investment alternatives, including exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, and alternative assets
- Prepare weekly investment data and research packets outlining important information and events regarding the financial markets
- Perform complex financial modeling with Excel
- Prepare proposals for institutional and private clients and respond to questionnaires for investment management services
- Develop and organize presentation materials to be used in client and prospect meetings
- Write periodic economic, market and investment commentaries
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required - must be able to engender confidence in others and to communicate a high level of enthusiasm
- Must be outgoing and able to work easily in a team
- Must be well organized, accurate, and very attentive to detail
- Strong working knowledge of excel and the use of complex spreadsheets
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- BA or BS undergraduate degree
- CFA Charterholder or willingness to work towards designation
- Preferred 5-10 years’ experience working in the financial sector
- Passion for equity investments and financial markets
The Haverford Trust Company prides itself on its low employee turnover primarily due to our ability to hire the best and brightest and engage them on a daily basis. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional interpersonal skills with an outgoing personality who can easily work in a team oriented culture of achievement and have a strong understanding of teamwork. This enthusiastic person will engender confidence in others and have a strong desire to cultivate and grow relationships in order to retain and attain clients. Ultimately, the successful candidate will demonstrate independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. In addition, the candidate will be expected to proactively anticipate client needs while providing repeatable and dependable client service experiences. Every team member at The Haverford Trust Company exudes the highest degree of honesty, personal integrity, and ethical standards and must be dedicated to strive for quality and excellence in all aspects of their position.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
More searches like this
- Economics Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors