Equity Research Associate
~~As a Research Associate, you will:
• Acquire expertise in your sector working with a Senior Analyst who is a seasoned industry expert
• Become adept at in-depth analysis of your industry and companies
• Learn a rigorous level of financial analysis and build complex financial models
• Contribute to our highly differentiated written product
• Build relationships with company managements as well as sales, trading, and institutional clients
We make a strong commitment to Associate development, and give you opportunities to rapidly gain visibility and incremental responsibility. While our culture is intellectually rigorous, it is also very collegial and fun - Associates participate in a range of activities including philanthropy, development and leadership programs, social events, mentoring and annual on- and off-sites.
Qualifications Our Research Associates typically possess:
• Track records of outstanding academic performance, including honors and awards. Academic credentials typically include test scores and grades in the 90th percentile and above
• Excellent broad-based analytical skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative backgrounds (may have credentials such as the CFA, ACA or CPA)
• Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level
• Strong financial analysis skills with an accounting background.
We look for exceptional candidates who are consummate team players seeking a highly rigorous and collegial environment with outstanding growth potential.
We look forward to learning more about you!
Please contact René Jackson-Poole, Recruiter, with any questions at email@example.com.
Company Description Bernstein is widely recognized as Wall Street's premier sell-side research and brokerage firm, with a global equity trading platform that spans the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Our firm was founded in the U.S. in 1967 and in the U.K. in 1999. Our research and trading capabilities are sought out by leading investment managers around the world, and we are annually ranked at the top of our industry by acknowledged arbiters. In independent surveys of major institutional clients, Bernstein's research is ranked #1 for overall quality, industry knowledge, most trusted, best detailed financial analysis, major company studies, most useful valuation frameworks and best original research. In Institutional Investor's latest annual client survey, the leading survey by which research analysts in our industry are evaluated, over 90% of our U.S. analysts and the majority of our European Analysts were recognized as among the best in their respective fields - more than any other firm in our industry. We began operations in Hong Kong in 2010, and now cover a range of sectors across Asia. Our European research team is also home to Extel's #1-ranked analyst across Europe.
Research has always been Bernstein's calling card. The brand is defined by our renowned Blackbooks, known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts. We have a community of Research Analysts who are acknowledged thought leaders that typically have many years of experience in the industries they cover. Our reputation is for the very highest caliber of independent and disciplined investment and industry analysis. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of our buy-side parent, AB.