ESG Quantitative Research Analyst
Our mission is to serve clients and outperform the market through our proprietary responsible investment management strategy and thereby make the world more environmentally sustainable and socially just.
- Establish research frameworks, based on a materiality matrix for specific groups of corporations and other issuers of securities
- Establish frameworks to develop investable universes focusing on liquidity and material ESG factors
- Support the enhancement of Calvert Research System by performing data quality tests and analytics
- Ensure data relevance and quality through appropriate selection of data sources, sound collection, data quality tests and strong data management. Develop appropriate strategies for dealing with data quality issues. Effectively use software and systems in support of work
- Perform backtesting and other quantitative analysis to identify ESG performance indicators that are most impactful on stock price performance / company financials
- Support new product development and current product through running backtests as well as performance attribution
- Ability to generate models from complex large databases and effectively use Data Visualizations tools like Tableau, BI
- Seek and evaluate sources of information regarding the environmental, social and governance policies and performance of corporations and other issuers of securities
- Use information from data vendors and our proprietary research to analyze, score, rate and rank companies on their ESG performance
- Develop expertise in critical issue areas, such as energy, natural resource efficiency, environmental sustainability, economic development, supply chain management, health care, etc.
- Perform regular reviews of academic literature on ESG investing, and relevant ESG topics and communicate to the team findings and/or empirical developments
- Perform portfolio analytics and attribution on portfolios
- Contribute to and publish original research
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.