Energy Research Analyst
The Research team within the Investment Management division plays an integral role in the creation and communication of market, industry and fund-related research to enhance the distribution of FS offerings and to build FS Investments’ brand as industry thought leaders.
In this role the team is responsible for:
- Creating expertly written, research-based materials and communications to promote current and future FS funds among internal and external audiences.
- Tracking and benchmarking the performance of FS and competitor funds.
- Developing macro-economic research to help educate advisors and their clients on financial markets and the impact on portfolio construction.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Serve as energy-focused subject matter expert in support of the firm’s $5+ billion energy investment platform with a focus on upstream and midstream assets.
- Develop, publish and present energy-related industry and company-specific research through a broad range of communications, including research notes, commentaries, presentations, webinars, conferences and company-sponsored events.
- Remain at the forefront of industry trends, company news and regulatory issues
- Display a strong aptitude for writing in a persuasive, cogent and concise manner.
- Assist in positioning the firm’s energy offerings with internal teams (Sales & Marketing) as well as external audiences (financial advisors, RIAs, institutions, family offices, media).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience as equity or credit energy analyst or similar function.
- MBA and/or progress towards the CFA charter a plus but not required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High attention to detail with proven track record of developing high quality, error-free output.
- Desire to join a highly collaborative and team-oriented organization.
- Proved track record of building strong relationships with both peers as well as senior-level managers and/or executives.