GROUP PRODUCT SPECIALIST
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a leading investment management organisation, is looking to hire an experienced and senior level Product Specialist on a permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to assist the organisation with leveraging and maximising the internal sales challenges and opportunities with a focus on their key investment strategies.
You should ideally have a minimum of 15 years' investment management experience with strong technical knowledge, and have perhaps previously operated as an investor or fund manager at an earlier point in your career. The role requires someone that has operated as either a Product Specialist or has had experience in Asset Management sales and prospecting previously and who can work with and understand a relatively sophisticated investment strategy & styles and who can present to a set of large and diverse audiences.
Applicants must hold the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or have completed the Chartered Financial Analyst Program (CFA) as a minimum. The role is designed to be located in New York and there is a strong possibility that the role holder will be required to travel to Edinburgh frequently.
- Develop and maintain a full and detailed technical understanding of the firm's key investment strategies
- Build strong relationships with key individuals across the sales team through regular and ad-hoc meetings and networking opportunities
- Attend client meetings, acting as the firm's corporate and product representative
- Provide regular education and materials to the firm's US sales function both in person and electronically for their education portal in line with an agreed content schedule
- Attend regular investment team meetings and proactively seek latest team views, communicating these to the relevant stakeholders
- Create thought leadership for distribution to clients
- Act as the link between the investment teams and the sales/marketing division to promote understanding and current messaging of the relevant strategies, liaising with marketing to drive delivery of marketing collateral
- Engage regularly with the technical product specialists to share knowledge on market and competitive environment using this to drive activity
- Work with the head of function to focus on driving and monetising priority opportunities
- Be the main point of contact on relevant strategies
- More than 15 years investment management experience
- Educated to degree standard
- IMC or CFA qualified
- Series 7
- Series 63 qualifications
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written, visual and physical)
- Strong technical skills, coming from an investments background or technically focused distribution/client services/product role
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Listens effectively
- Anticipates and successfully navigates barriers to success
- Understands the market environment and client requirements
- Builds the required relationship with all key decision makers
- Responds to client questions effectively and efficiently
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate the features of the relevant products
- Understanding of distribution strategy for each product
- Understanding of market and competitor trends, themes and styles
- Solid project planning and deadline management skills
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Childcare voucher scheme
Job reference: 9686
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.