Manager - Investment Department
The QDB Investment Department manages various investment products including, SME Equity program,
Seed Funding program, and Fund of Fund investments. QDB is seeking to hire a manager to
manage the investment department and take lead of these multiple fronts among other initiatives and
manage the investment appraisal requirements for its different investment programs. As the company
assessment / appraisal requirements may vary significantly from start-ups to small and mid-sized
companies, QDB is seeking to hire a manager with relevant investment experience to lead the QDB
investment team in managing the process. Here are the skills and experience we are looking for in the
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Banking and Finance from a reputed university
- Background in Venture Capital (“VC”) and/or private equity, investment banking or transaction
- Knowledge of equity, fixed income and alternative investments
- Extensive knowledge of the banking sector in Qatar and/or the region, including the market
- Obtained CFA or CAIA certification
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Preferred Arabic language.
The key roles and responsibilities of Manager are to perform the following tasks:
1. Perform in-depth financial and data analysis and due diligence for potential investments including
financial modelling, customer analysis, market sizing, customer mapping and industry research
2. Proactively source candidates / receive referrals and close new Investment arrangements
3. Provide Non-disclosure Agreement, send data request list, initiate investment case preparation
and liaise with internal departments to provide data for due diligence
4. Oversee development of financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses
and liquidity events
5. Present the final company snapshot to the screening committee
6. Evaluate companies, shortlist, prepare recommendations and forward the same to the Investment
Committee for approval
7. Oversee the drafting of the deal structure, discuss different strategies with the management of the
company and coordinate with the legal department to prepare legal documents
8. Guide the team in drafting term sheets of the client company in coordination with the QDB legal
9. Guide the team to prepare a list of non-qualified companies and present the same to the Screening
Committee with supporting reasons
10. Monitor the KPI’s , 100 day plans and finalization of the closing documents of investees.
11. Present the deal structure to the investment committee and upon approval liaise with the legal
department to complete the legal documentation
12. Obtain official ownership and board representation documents and liaise with the internal
departments to release funds and to advertise the successful deal closing
13. Monitor implementation of corporate governance mechanisms, progress & KPIs and provide
strategic support to portfolio companies as and when required
14. Guide the team in gathering information, conducting cost benefit analysis of the exit options and
presenting the same to the Investment Committee.
15. Work with the team to prepare the structure of the exit deal and guide the team in preparation of
the exit documentation in close coordination with the Legal Department
16. Oversee identification of potential buyers, negotiate the terms and conditions and agree on sale
execution and transfer protocols in close coordination with the Legal department
17. Guide the team in day to day operations relating to the financial matters in the department
18. Guide the team in preparation of regular reports and presentations on finance and administrative
activities and present the same to investment partners, board members and senior management
19. Work internally with the Operations, Business Finance, Legal and other teams( as required) on
negotiating and preparing contracts with service providers and recommend to management
execution of the same
20. Oversee the implementation of functional policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that
all activities are conducted in compliance with risk, audit, and regulatory requirements
21. Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of
services and ensure the same is complied with appropriately across the department.
22. Allocate work to subordinates, nominate for training as per QDB’s guidelines, conduct
performance reviews and manage leave and overtime to ensure efficiency.
23. Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for all subordinates
24. Drive the engagement and satisfaction of all employees within the department through holding
periodic meetings to discuss the achievements and address any employee issues and/or concerns.
25. Supervise direct reports in their day-to- day tasks and guide them in managing their performance
by providing appropriate feedback and counselling.
26. Source, analyze, and invest in international VC/PE funds through fund of fund to build strategic
partnership and attract them to be present in the local ecosystem in Qatar.
27. Lead the initiation of a local Angel Investors Network to support potential investors looking to
invest in startups.
28. Participate in special projects, including Fintech taskforce, in order to help develop and drive the