Principal, Performance Reporting & Analysis
This position will be responsible for supporting our growing demands for private market performance reporting and analysis functions, along with enhancing the current reporting processes to shorten the time to deliver information requests while maintaining high data integrity. This role will be well suited for a candidate with a strong analytical background with project management skillset who is interested in developing, analyzing, implementing and communicating performance analytics, attribution, and benchmarking methodologies within a collaborative team environment.
Specifically, this individual will report to the Head of Performance Analysis and Reporting and will be involved with and responsible for the following functions:
- Gather and provide performance information for RFP’s, RFI’s, DDQ’s and other ad hoc information requests to support firm’s investment, business development, and client service activities in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring high data integrity.
- Reconcile investment performance data for quarterly client reports as well as providing support on client initiatives.
- As a power user of ASP’s proprietary performance reporting system and platforms, provide project management oversite to maintain quality and productivity in performance reporting metrics and deliverables with the longer term goal of shortening the request delivery time, streamlining existing processes all while maintaining high data quality.
- Support the thought leadership efforts of the AAPR area, including developing private markets newsletters and educational training materials to support ASP’s business development efforts. Enhance the firm’s leading position in the area of performance measurement, attribution and reporting standards, and benchmarking methodologies.
- Perform other ad hoc projects as assigned.
We seek an individual who is self-disciplined, demonstrates creative thinking and has the following qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate university, ideally with an analytically oriented business degree, such as, Mathematics, Accounting, Statistics, Finance, or related field; graduate degree such as MBA or MS in Finance a plus.
- At least 7, preferably 10, years of relevant work experience in areas of performance analysis and reporting.
- CFA charter holder is required. CIPM designation is beneficial.
- A working knowledge of private markets and its performance measurement, attribution, and appraisal techniques using industry money-weighted approaches, is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to the fast paced environment, by balancing the dynamic, short-term deliverables with long-term plans to develop effective project management approaches.
- Must be self-motivated, driven to succeed and work under pressure.
- High working proficiency with Microsoft Excel functions required, including advanced pivot tables and vlookups.
- A highly-motivated, self-starter with strong critical thinking skills who can work both independently and collaboratively while remaining flexible.
- Familiarity with various performance attribution methodologies and risk analytics.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities.
- Strong quantitative, computer, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.