Senior Business Operations Analyst
The Biz Ops team bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from Groupon’s product and engineering investments. With an alignment to specific product areas (e.g., search, conversion, customer engagement, etc.) they develop the knowledge and insights that fuel our product strategy & development. This position is for Palo Alto (part time in SF is OK) and will report to a manager of business operations.
- Partnering with Product managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift.
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings
- Developing & testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities in the business
- Quantifying the value / size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product roadmaps
- Creating dashboards and communicating product performance towards achieving product goals
- Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4+ years of work experience in highly analytical roles (investment banking, finance, consulting, product analytics, etc.)
- Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
- Excellent quantitative skills; Proven ability to combine data-driven analytical rigor with strategic thinking to drive actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and exposure to and /or willing to learn sql, tableau.etc
- Interest and passion for data, product development and e-commerce