Director Enterprise Planning
7 days left
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We have, and continue to build, a solid portfolio of assets to serve producers and to provide clean and affordable energy to our customers. We continuously strive to build dynamic teams to support our future growth. We provide opportunity, challenge and competitive compensation within a positive work environment that motivates people to build careers within our company. AltaGas’ success is driven by a skilled team of more than 1700 employees.
Rapid expansion of our business has created a wide range of career opportunities for qualified individuals. If you want to work for a company that offers work/life balance, financial assistance to support continuous learning and growth, and that has a solid track record of success with an achievement-oriented organizational culture, AltaGas may be the right company for you.
The Director, Enterprise Planning is a key leadership role in the organization and has the ability and responsibility to influence the entire organization in setting goals and targets. The success and effectiveness of delivering the specific responsibilities is dependent on the individual’s ability to demonstrate AltaGas’ Leadership Attributes which include:
- Provide clear direction
- Lead courageously
- Act with integrity
- Inspire, motivate, and influence others
- Communicate, communicate and then communicate some more
- Emphasize the important of coaching, developing and mentoring others
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Direct and manage in an efficient manner the Budgeting and Planning deliverables for the organization including the Monthly Business Plans, Annual Budget, Long Term Forecast (2 year Outlook), and the Reporting & Planning Application (Hyperion) support. Specifically,
- Develop and maintain effective relationships throughout the organization
- Manage the deliverables of the Budgeting and Planning process by anticipating the needs of the business and effective communication with Senior Leaders throughout the organization
- Provide clear direction in setting expectations for budgeting and planning stakeholders including Senior Leaders their Finance support groups
- Anticipate the needs of the business and create effective methods to communicate both non-financial and financial information to senior decision makers
- Transform data into information that allows Senior Leaders in the organization to make informed decisions
- Provide detailed analysis of all business segments to validate and present the expected operational, commercial, and financial results for the Annual Budget and Long Term Plan.
- Deliver concise and informative information that clearly explains the business drivers and the impact of these on the financial results of the organization
- Develop and communicate comprehensive plans (deliverables and scheduling) in an effective and concise manner that meet the specific and unique requirements of Senior Leaders and front line employees
- Set and communicate deadlines for achieving the deliverables in a manner that is both diligent and respectful by anticipating the impact on others
- Provide clear and focused direction aligned with the availability of resources to achieve the desired goals
Provide direction and oversight in the gathering, consolidating, and reporting of financial information throughout the organization
- Provide direction over the efficient use of systems to automate the consolidation of financial results for the enterprise
- Identification of opportunities to enhance the efficiency of Financial and Operational reporting for both historical and forward looking information
- Evaluate the uniqueness of each business line in the organization to create a long term plan for the efficient reporting of financial and non-financial information for planning and budgeting purposes
Support the integrated systems for budgeting and planning activities
- Maintain the integrity of the financial data and fixed data in the Hyperion system
- Support the Finance Team in developing Hyperion Trial Balance reporting super users
- Support the Human Resources group in developing Labor Analytics reporting super users
- Bachelor’s degree with a professional accounting designation or MBA with minimum ten years post designation experience.
- Ten years of progressively senior level experience in Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Budgeting.
- Experience in the development of strategic long term plans and budgets.
- Experience with supporting and developing analytical planning tools (ideally Hyperion)
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically while working with inter-departmental teams at all levels of management.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving abilities and ability to manage complex financial models.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines.
- Energetic self-starter with excellent communication, presentation, influence and writing skills with solid organizational skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department by visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.
More jobs like this
- Bachelors Full Time Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) jobs in Accounting/Audit/Tax
- Bachelors Full Time Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) jobs in Corporate Finance
- Bachelors Full Time Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) jobs in Performance Analysis
- Bachelors Full Time Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) jobs in Relationship Management