Boutique Multi-Family Office dedicated to serving successful entrepreneurial families is seeking a Portfolio Manager (“PM”). The PM will be responsible for the creation, implementation, and management of comprehensive investment strategies to support the continued growth of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned investment professional with a strong focus on asset allocation and investment analysis.
The PM will be making the transition into a leadership role with an established RIA possessing a unique value proposition in the crowded wealth management space. The PM’s compensation will be a salary plus bonus structure aligned with all of the services of this thriving firm.
This opportunity is located in Houston, Texas and no relocation is being provided.
Our purpose is to significantly alleviate the personal burden associated with being a successful entrepreneur. We believe that if we can deliver on that mission, the families we serve will be able to take more control over their time and invest more energy in the people and causes most important to them. The range of services we provide are all advice driven and include asset protection, business succession and tax planning.
Our clients are successful and entrepreneurial. While they represent different industries and varying backgrounds, the overwhelming majority are self-made business owners with the common goals of reducing taxes, protecting assets from creditors, building an orderly plan to eventually transition the ownership of their business, and efficiently giving to charity. A typical client for our firm may have a net-worth of $40MM, yet much of their net worth is often tied up in illiquid holdings such as real estate, concentrated stock holdings, oil and gas interests, operating businesses and private equity. The emphasis on providing comprehensive and holistic advice for both their personal and business lives is what eventually leads to investment management opportunities in the future.
For the families that have accumulated meaningful liquid holdings, we employ a “global balance sheet approach”. We strive to counterbalance the inherent risk of their existing holdings, which are typically illiquid, closely-held businesses, with investments that are liquid, transparent, tax efficient that and possess low explicit and implicit costs. Our philosophy remains consistent that their risk, and best potential reward, lies in their illiquid holdings. As opposed to competing with those returns, we opt to offset the risk and help them diversify.
Specifically, we manage model portfolios that consist primarily of Dimensional and Vanguard funds. In addition, we offer a customized equity strategy designed for clients who either want direct stock exposure or who need to efficiently work out of existing positions.
- Chair Investment Committee
- Contribute to prospect and client investment presentations
- Develop, manage and implement the overall investment process for the Firm
- Analyze industry trends and prepare executive summaries for consideration by Investment Committee
- Monitor, trade and rebalance model portfolios
- Performance reporting and client billing through portfolio management system
- Conduct due diligence on investment strategies to be utilized within model portfolios (i.e., cash alternatives, currency, managed futures, etc.)
- Research various investment vehicles to determine opportunity (i.e., mutual funds, ETF’s, individual securities, managed futures, separate account, etc.)
- Utilize proprietary and third-party tools to conduct portfolio analysis on existing client models
- Communicate investment thesis and prepare a variety of written communication pieces including commentary regarding portfolio changes within model allocations and white papers on investment topics
- Analyze prospective client portfolios vs. proposed model portfolios to determine proper implementation and allocation
- Design exit strategies of existing / transferred positions and strategies to deploy new funds into model portfolios
- 10 years of related experience in a portfolio management role
- “Clean” FINRA Form U4
- Capability to pass criminal and financial background check
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret a wide variety of data
- Excellent command of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enjoy collaborating with a dedicated team of professionals
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies, including clients, prospects, staff and vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to contribute to the growth of the firm
Education, Licenses & Designations
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or business required
- Graduate level degree preferred i.e., PhD, MBA, JD, LLM, MST
- Advanced investment designations strongly preferred i.e., CFA, CIMA, CAIA, etc.
- Financial designations preferred i.e., CPA, CFP, ChFC, CLU, CPWA, etc.
- FINRA Series 65 / 66 or ability to pass FINRA Series 65 required within 90 days required