Institutional Sales Professional
5 days left
About Miles Capital
Miles Capital, Inc. is a premier institutional asset manager, focused on providing a full suite of investment and service capabilities to insurance companies, government entities, and nonprofits. We are an independent, growing, and entrepreneurial institutional asset manager, driven by a mission to design and deliver creative, client-focused capital markets solutions. Our independence ensures we are innovative, long term results-focused, and truly aligned with our clients’ success. We are uniquely positioned to offer solutions across the fixed income, equity, and alternatives markets to our clients, and have become a recognized leader for our truly groundbreaking asset allocation approach.
We offer an exceptional company culture – built on our values of integrity, boldness, collaboration, and performance – and strong talent management to support our team members’ desired career paths.
Miles Capital has an exciting opportunity for a driven sales professional with proven leadership and results to join our firm. This position will develop new business relationships and distribute the investment management advisory services of Miles Capital and/or of any affiliates within the insurance asset management and agreed channels of US institutional market; execute upon distribution strategies. The successful sales professional will help create and deliver annual sales plans and provide effective management of sales support resources as assigned. The sales professional will provide market-place insights to enhance product development, brand, and company positioning. The sales professional will clearly understand the objectives of our clients and have the agility and drive to create Miles Capital solutions that align with their goals.
- Representing the company to prospects of major institutions, developing strong relationships with prospect company decision makers, leading institutional sales oriented events and activities, delivering compelling new business and client presentations, and assisting in RFP preparation.
- Participating in the Business Development Committee, assisting in the development and execution of a sales strategy for channel, providing insights and recommendations to enhance effectiveness, identifying target client groups in institutional marketplace appropriate for planned firm growth.
- Delivering planned sales revenue and securing a strong future pipeline of attractive and profitable clients within channel.
- Leading initiatives to distinguish different client profiles and target sales efforts by working with other areas of Business Development (e.g. Marketing, Client Service, and Product Development).
- Providing leadership to current and new hires to build and enhance the institutional proposition by effective selling and marketing activities, both to end clients and intermediaries.
- Leveraging sales and portfolio strategist resources to maximize opportunities in the direct markets. Working collaboratively with all other teams within Miles Capital.
- May also include periodic reporting to Senior Management.
Experience & Education
- College degree required, advanced degree / CFA / other designations a plus
- Prefer 10 years experience in direct sales for institutional asset manager
- Proven track record of successful direct institutional sales (including cold calling), preferably in channel
- Demonstrated ability to lead sales process, establish sales goals, convert and deliver sales, deliver excellent presentations, and set prospect strategy
- Demonstrated agility in learning new concepts and creating solutions to support client objectives
- In depth knowledge of one of our institutional sales channels, preferably insurance
- Existing contacts within the target market
- Proven ability to successfully lead other sales associates, as required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of drive and initiative combined with strong sales and marketing skills
- Ability to work effectively within small company environment and in cross-functional collaborations
- Intellectual agility and ability to solve problems creatively
- Alignment with our Core Values
- Integrity: Honor the trust of clients and colleagues
- Boldness: Embrace obstacles as opportunities to find solutions and improve
- Collaboration: Engage openly with colleagues, learn and leverage strengths
- Performance: Commit to delivering superior outcomes
- Department: Business Development
- Platform / Channel: Institutional, Insurance
- Work Location: Midwest location preferable. Will report to headquarters in the Midwest.
- Report To: Head of Sales & Client Engagement
- FLSA: Exempt
- Direct Reports: As assigned
- Indirect Reports: Sales support resources
- Internal Relationships: Marketing & Communications, Client Service, Portfolio Management, Compliance
Contact David Cohen (email@example.com) if interested in applying.