Institutional Sales & Business Development Associate, DCIO
5 days left
Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) is a business that focuses on delivering investment management solutions to qualified retirement plans. The team works in consultation with plan sponsors, consultants, and retirement plan advisors to evaluate the investment menus of retirement plans and identify ways to improve outcomes for plan participants. Nuveen’s wide range of investment offerings across active and index strategies, including its award-winning target-date fund series and environmental, social and governance (ESG) funds, coupled with its legacy as a leading provider of retirement solutions, strongly positions the firm in its goal of becoming an industry-leading DCIO provider. The Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) Business Development Analyst / Associate is a newly created position as result of the firm’s desire to aggressively expand its Defined Contribution business. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented individual to join our team. Reporting to the Managing Director, Head of DCIO Business Strategy & Development, the candidate will be the go-to internal resource responsible for supporting DC Institutional Business Development efforts targeting plan sponsor and investment consultant clients. The candidate will also play an important role in supporting broader DCIO strategic initiatives and key business development activities. This individual will have an opportunity to join a strategically-important business and play a direct role in its rapid growth.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Client engagement – support the relationship-building activities for plan sponsors and DC consultants
- Provide exceptional support to DC Institutional Sales including incoming prospect/client information requests and inquiries
- Serve as a direct resource to clients fielding questions about investment strategies and vehicles
- Support RFPs responses
- Coordinate all product material delivery – presentation decks, fact sheets, quarterly updates, etc.
- Assist in coordinating meetings logistics including materials, participants, room setup, etc.
Business monitoring / management
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records within CRM systems to monitor meeting activity, client / prospect areas of interest, follow up actions, etc.
- Track Institutional opportunity pipeline, finalist activity, and win/loss results
Strategic Initiatives / Business Development
- Provide project management and execution support on key DCIO initiatives and other ad-hoc projects
- Liaise with key Distribution, Product, Marketing, and other functional partners in the day-to-day management of key business development activities and projects
- Work with DCIO Business Strategy and Development on communications and presentations for executive leadership updates, monthly team meeting, offsites, etc.
- Participate in strategic planning process, including market and competitive environment analysis, development / updating of financial projections, etc.
- Provide support in management of key relationships with Defined Contribution industry associations
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance and demonstrated leadership ability
- 1-3 years of experience in investment management, brokerage, investment advisory / consulting or related fields is preferable
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets and understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Strategic mindset combined with ability to execute and focus on details and timeliness
- Ability to work independently, handling complex and challenging situations from origination to completion
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and nurture collaborative relationships with internal partners and external clients
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and MS Excel skills and ability to learn proprietary software and database
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and ability to synthesize and effectively communication information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with an ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced business environment with multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.