Senior Consultant Relations Manager
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €679bn in assets as of the end of June 2016. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 22 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
The Consultant Relations professional will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with consulting firms and for working collaboratively in executing the GCR strategy.
- Responsibility for developing and executing a proactive strategy with consultant firms in the UK
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with investment consulting firms in the UK (NB This would include developing relationships at the senior strategic level, the most senior researchers and field consultants at these organisations).
- Profiling our investment capabilities, research depth and solutions to consultants.
- Ownership of research meetings with consultants to achieve ratings across investment strategies, working closely with investment teams.
- Responds to consultants' enquiries, co-ordinating closely with AXA IM's sales, marketing, RFP, consultant databases and investment teams as appropriate.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of market trends by establishing an active network of contacts
- Works closely with the Global Consultant Relations team in the establishment and execution of the global strategy.
- Support initiatives in line with broader Client Group business objectives, taking ownership of strategic and tactical planning where appropriate.
- Strong academic background. Degree and relevant professional qualifications.
- CFA is desirable but is not essential.
- Ideal applicants will have 4+ years industry experience in a consulting relations role;
Experience within asset management or a consultancy firm is desirable.
- Established relationships with a broad range of investment consulting firms and the desire to transform new ones.
- Gained experience within the pensions environment and an understanding of institutional market trends.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with consulting firms.
- A strong business development mind-set which drive to work together to meet targets.
- Ability to create value within our business model and promote key initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of asset classes and drive to expand knowledge base;
o Ideally multi-asset exposure or the desire to expand on current asset class knowledge.
- Understanding of key challenges facing pensions schemes.
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Product knowledge.