HEAD OF PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT - EDINBURGH
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a leading financial services organisation in Edinburgh, is looking for a Head of Portfolio Management to join their business on a permanent basis. The position presents an exciting opportunity to lead the firm's new business proposition and take responsibility for all relevant portfolio decisions.
You should ideally have a minimum of 15 years' investment management experience with evidence of asset allocation, deep understanding of IFA firms, their investment process, and how they advise and sell. Fund / manager selection is a secondary skills set. We are actively seeking applications from motivated individuals with strong relationship management and communication skills as well as analytical skills together with a proven ability to lead and develop teams.
- Full regulatory responsibility for managing fund solutions across new OEIC funds and insured funds.
- Create from scratch and lead team of 3-4 investment professionals (portfolio manager, analysts, investment researchers)
- Own and drive key decisions - leveraging external investment advice - which underpin management of fund solutions, e.g. Asset allocation (strategic and tactical) & Manager selection and blending
- Manage and control funds day-to-day - including daily trading and liquidity management - within agreed mandates and limits
- Infuse depth of investment knowledge across the Investments team and the wider business more broadly
- Set mandates for 3rd party fund managers
- Regular 'close & continuous' dealing with the firm's FCA supervision team
- Report into Board seeking agreement for key strategic choices and risk appetite, e.g. annual business plan or new fund launches
- Manage external relationships with e.g. external advisers, fund managers etc and internal relationships with e.g. CFO, Investment team, etc
Skills & Experience:
- Core strength in asset allocation
- Strong portfolio implementation and governance skill
- Mandate setting
- Able to interpret, evaluate, and challenge external investment recommendations.
- Facility to articulate this evaluation, decisions made, and how recommendations are implemented
- Investment process and portfolio risk management
- Ability to undertake independent analyses - not merely 'manage analysts'
- Ability to use online systems, e.g. Bloomberg, Morningstar, and assess data to draw insights and conclusions
Communication & Influencing:
- Well-developed communication and relationship skills.
- Evidence of deep influencing skills to persuade and interact at Board level, with ability to impact strategic decisions
- Capable of informal team work with internal shared services and other colleagues
Proven leadership experience/capabilities
Strong understanding of the UK regulatory framework, e.g. RDR, Mifid-II, OEIC regulations
- Educated to degree level
- CFA 1 / 2 / 3
- Higher qualifications highly desirable
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension contribution
Job reference: 9723
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.