Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and innovative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals - and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with US$331bn of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing close to 2500 staff in 28 offices globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1 Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2017
Henderson's Global Fixed Income department has coverage across the full range of fixed income asset classes, including government debt, secured assets, corporate debt and derivative instruments. The team employ dynamic asset allocation and use multiple investment techniques in their fund management and investment strategy on behalf of Henderson clients.
Overview of the Role
Portfolio Analysts are primarily responsible for assisting Fund Managers by preparing data and information packs and responding to information requests/queries from clients or other support teams (Distribution, Operations etc). This is an ideal role for someone who would like to progress along fund management.
Area of Control
Global, Euro and Sterling Investment Grade; Global and Euro High Yield; Buy and Maintain; Credit Alpha.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide draft commentaries and take the lead on all reporting and providing analysis for regular meetings
• Run and archive position sheets for the various funds
• Where relevant, may liaise/co-ordinate with trading, operations and client service areas on administration projects relating to respective fund(s)
• Work with other teams to prepare presentations, investigate client queries and respond to other ad hoc requirements
• Provide fund management with daily information on cash levels, position sizing, risk issues, client flows and other data impacting the portfolios
• Thorough knowledge of the benchmarks, a clear understanding of the data available and how to get updates from dealer portals
• Provide administrative support to include; completing paperwork, updating databases, maintaining records and completing ad hoc tasks
• With relevant approvals, may be responsible for placing orders on behalf of fund managers when they are out of the office, or resizing positions in accordance with fund manager instruction as a result of cash flow, fund regulation or market events
• Be responsible for looking at various periodical research and sending a brief summary to the PM team
• Put together model portfolios
• Run Investment Screens
Assumes additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Typically IMC or CFA qualified (or studying towards dependent on the level of seniority)
• Typically degree educated in business, maths or finance discipline
• Microsoft office skills to include Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Bloomberg and other market data platforms
• Knowledge of programming in VBA, Python or other similar language a strong differentiator
• A pragmatic attitude to work, able to execute both administrative and analytical tasks with the same rigour
• High attention to detail
• An analytical mind-set with a high degree of numeracy
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisation skills and able to juggle competing demands
• A proven desire for self-development
• An ability to build relationships across the firm
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson's Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.