Sales Support Associate
By joining Eaton Vance, you'll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
Based in Tokyo, will be an integral part of the Eaton Vance Asia Pacific, Ltd. team. Works closely with various colleagues in Boston, London, and Singapore to support the Tokyo-based sales, consultant relations, and client service functions and assists with the preparation and coordination of marketing and client service material. Performs research and analysis to support decisions concerning product development and market opportunities. Assists the team where necessary, including general office administration and management.
- Acquires and maintains in-depth knowledge of the firm's products and services.
- Assists with product development initiatives related to bank loan and other investment strategies including new vehicle development and existing vehicle enhancements.
- Supports regional marketplace communications with language translation as required
- Assists with establishing and maintaining relationships with a broad range of institutional clients and distribution partners in Japan, serving as a secondary point of contact with a focus on client retention and asset growth through cross selling. Develops a cross-selling plan and help promote additional investment product sales. Ensures that all service and contractual client requirements are met in accordance with client expectations in terms of timeliness, accuracy and language requirements.
- Analyzes customer questions, requests and problems; utilizing product and fiduciary knowledge, provide appropriate responses and solutions to clients. Determines when issues/questions requiring highly technical interpretation should be brought to the attention of a more senior level individual.
- Serves as technical resource to the team, utilizing available resources and a demonstrated ability to handle both standard and non-standard situations through application of systems and product knowledge. This includes knowledge of institutional investment strategies and client investment guidelines as well as analysis and explanation of performance data, attribution and investment characteristics.
- Responsible for workflow, production and enhancements to client review presentations, client materials and ad-hoc requests, working with other members of the client service team as necessary.
- Assists with coordinating client meetings in Japan and occasionally in Boston.
- Coordinates with other areas within Eaton Vance to ensure that high quality and comprehensive client service is provided to all clients, in accordance with defined parameters.
- Assists the team including general office management such as booking meetings, executes administrative support tasks, prepare hard copy marketing materials for external meetings, coordinate regular mailings to distribution list in addition to ad-hoc or non-routine communications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Progress towards CFA charter or MBA strongly encouraged.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in client service, operations, sales, consultant relations or portfolio management support.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage projects and independently analyze customer questions/requests/problems and provide appropriate responses/solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team including the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong English speaking skills is a must. Any Korean language skills would be seen as a positive.
- This position is located in Japan and will work closely with a variety of the firm's internal departments that are globally located. Non-standard hours may be required and fluency in English is a must.
Eaton Vance is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Eaton Vance, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Eaton Vance, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110