CalPERS – Associate Investment Manager – Opportunistic Strategies – JC-73758
7 days left
Our Opportunistic Strategies (OS) unit is currently seeking an Associate Investment Manager AIM to help establish an overall strategy for all CalPERS opportunistic strategies and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Direct day-to-day implementation of investment strategies and policies in the CalPERS Opportunistic Credit portfolios to ensure that these investments earn the highest rate of return at strategically targeted risk levels.
• Perform analyses of relative valuations on a large scale of securities to determine appropriate sector allocations for the CalPERS Opportunistic Strategies portfolios.
• Responsible for the individual issue selection from a large array of structured securities to construct portfolios. Responsible for strategic and tactical purchase and sale decisions to accomplish the goal of earning the highest available return consistent with the targeted level of risk in the portfolio.
• Responsible for recommending new and innovative investment strategies to improve returns or better manage risk.
• Maintain appropriate contacts with professional peers in the investment and broker/dealer communities as a source of valuable investment information.
• Makes significant contributions to team decisions regarding aggregate allocation decisions in the overall CalPERS opportunistic portfolio, by being aware and informed of the market conditions of structured product sector.
To view the full duty statement click here.
To view how to apply to this employment opportunity, go here: