Manager of Liquid Markets
2 days left
Manager of Liquid Markets
The UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust administers health care benefits for over [700,000] UAW retirees from GM, Chrysler and Ford and their dependents and oversees an investment portfolio of over [$60] billion. The Trust’s investment office is located in Ann Arbor Michigan and this team is continuing to build out its capabilities and staff in order to deliver a best-in-class investment program that maximizes the Trust’s likelihood of meeting its obligations over time.
The Manager of Liquid Markets will help the Liquid Markets team develop strategies and be instrumental in implementing the Trust’s investment strategies that focus primarily on fixed income, equity, cash and derivatives overlay. While duties and responsibilities will vary as the Trust’s needs evolve, the following illustrate the types of responsibilities the successful candidates should expect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the investment team and external investment manager relationships to diligence investment solutions appropriate to the Trust’s risk and return objectives. This will include the full spectrum of liquid fixed income, credit and equity strategies in multiple geographies.
- Provide input into the underwriting and monitoring process as it relates to liquid market assets and work collaboratively with the Trust’s professionals to ensure the team’s implementation is aligned to, and consistent with the objectives of the Team’s goals and objectives.
- Identify and analyze investment strategies and implement best solutions within the investment portfolio.
- Support passive/active implementations, currency exposure management and other issues relevant to the Liquid Markets investment management strategy.
Investment Related Diligence and Process Improvements
- Take an active role in underwriting new managers and provide support for negotiating investment manager agreements and other important supporting service level agreements.
- Help improve monitoring processes for investment exposure (such as industry, sector geography, style, durations and other investable factors), in a way that enhances the team’s ability to understand and manage these exposures.
- Identify and implement investment process improvements.
Team Leadership and Development
- Provides input to the team’s objectives and serve as a positive role model for other members of the team.
- Is active in developing and delivering educational content relevant to the objectives of the team and the Trust.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math, Statistics or related subject
- MBA/MS Finance and/or CFA or progression to the same is a positive
- Strong understanding of financial information and statistics
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- 5+ years of work related experience in a relevant capacity, including experience in investment manager selection and diligence processes.
- Preferably some experience directly applicable to multi asset class oriented strategies or plan level portfolio asset management in a role that required interface with investment strategists and portfolio managers.
- Work experience should demonstrate progressively increased levels of responsibility in regards to the ownership of specific objectives or processes.
- Ability to work with an appropriate amount of supervision in line with the intentions of the team’s shared objectives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities where problems are complex.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated commitment to teamwork; and demonstrated ability to work with others up and down the organizational structure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong ethics and attention to details.