Enterprise Model Risk Governance Manager
Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Model Risk Department (EMR) is currently seeking a Enterprise Model Risk Governance Manager. This position will support the implementation of Freddie Mac’s Model Risk Policy & Standards; assist in monitoring model risk processes across six divisions; lead cross-divisional projects; perform quality control and data integrity reviews; report risk and support the EMR Validation function.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Risk Management, Oversight & Compliance –
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Model Risk Regulatory Requirements, Freddie Mac Policies & Standards, and Modeling Process/Business Acumen; provide policy interpretations and respond to questions
- Assist in the design of department/system processes that are efficient and comply with Corporate Standards, lead change implementation and prepare related training materials
- Actively monitor data integrity and model risk controls execution; identify risks and proactively solve problems and address issues
- Support executive-level risk committees and working groups, including creation of committee packages and other presentations
- Assume leadership of projects, set scope, and create project plans that define deliverables, dates and responsibilities.
- Set the tone of a project to get buy-in and drive execution of work; perform quality control reviews of deliverables; organize and manage project documentation
- Lead scheduling and coordination within EMR and with Divisional stakeholders, manage project meetings, monitor project timelines and perform status reporting
- Must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics, Accounting, Risk Management, or another related field; or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of business experience, preferably in risk management, consulting, strategic re-engineering, or audit/compliance.
- Strong customer service skills, demonstrating responsiveness and positive outcomes in stressful situations
- Well-established skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong reasoning and problem solving skills, including ability to understand work assigned, the ultimate objective, end-to-end tasks and deliverables.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills, confidence while interacting with senior management and the ability to work on a team or as an individual contributor
- Strong written communication skills, including concise messaging, proper use of grammar, and good organization/flow of presentations
- Advanced Certification (e.g., PMP, CPA, or PRM/APRM) or Master’s Degree.
- At least five years of direct work experience in Model Risk Governance, Financial Institution Risk Management, Controller of a Department, or comparable experience.
To apply, please visit: https://www.freddiemac.jobs/job/7513743/enterprise-model-risk-governance-manager-mclean-va/
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.