Corporates - Metals - Analyst/Associate Director - London
Fitch Ratings' EMEA Corporate group provides public and private ratings of companies and their debt instruments in Western Europe and, CEE, the CIS, Middle East and Africa.
The department employs a team of credit analysts across Europe. In addition to London, Fitch's largest office, the department has offices in Moscow, Paris, Frankfurt, Warsaw, Barcelona, Milan, South Africa and Dubai.
The department is split into five sector teams: Natural Resources and Commodities, Utilities and Transport, Consumer and Healthcare, Industrials, and Telecoms, Media and Technology. In addition, a specialist Leveraged Finance team focuses on credits with leveraged capital structures.
The successful candidate will take analytical responsibility for a varied portfolio of corporate issuers. You will monitor news and results flow to identify events or trends which may lead to rating changes. You will conduct meetings with and analyse the creditworthiness of issuers in the sector.
You will also present to and discuss recommendations for new ratings or rating changes with a rating committee and communicate Fitch's credit opinions externally. You will participate in, and ideally initiate, ad-hoc sector commentaries and topical research. The role will also involve some analytical support to business development activities, interaction with issuers, investors and bankers. It will entail some travel.
Qualifications and experience:
The role would suit an individual with some analytical experience looking to develop further in an intellectually challenging, analytically rigorous yet supportive environment. Fitch's corporate analysts have diverse backgrounds, including career financial/credit analysts, professional services, or financial or operational roles in companies.
- A first rate academic background in a finance-related field. Professional qualifications (e.g. CFA) would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills evidenced by experience in an analytical or similar role.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English.
- European language skills such as Spanish, Italian and German would be advantageous
- Cash-flow modelling and accounting skills.
- A strong team spirit, enabling him/her to work seamlessly with other members of the team.
- Role can be based in London or other Fitch regional offices