CalPERS – Investment Manager – Real Assets – JC-73403
Our Real Assets Unit is currently seeking an Investment Manager to manage the research, risk, insurance and governance functions within Real Assets and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversee RAU's top-down research function and the work of Investment Officers in PARRGO assigned to research related tasks. Research and identify market trends and conditions. Stay current on real asset, economic and capital market activity.
• Develop enhanced templates and data models to capture information in the markets and synthesize data with existing information to create new management reports. Present research reports to RAU management and staff that illustrate economic trends and market data.
• Research climate change trends in temperature, precipitation, flooding and drought activity, ocean heat and sea level changes as well as greenhouse gas emissions, Consider and champion pro-active ways to assess and anticipate climate risk characteristics.
• Supervise and direct the development and evolution of the portfolio risk system. Work collaboratively with the PARRGO ID to generate top-down analysis concerning proposed transactions impact on portfolio composition relative to policy and delegated authority.
• Oversee the PARRGO staff day-to-day management of the insurance program.
• Evaluate and recommend improvements to the Real Assets Investment Committee (RAIC) processes and Charter. Act as lead on Delegated Authority and Real Assets Policy.
To view the Duty Statement click here.
To view how to apply to this employment opportunity go here: