CalPERS – Investment Officer III – Real Assets – JC-72446
Our Real Assets Unit is currently seeking an Investment Officer III to monitor and manage assigned international investment relationships with External Managers consistent with approved Strategic Plan, annual investment plans, CalPERS Investment Beliefs and drive our CalPERS mission. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Advise senior management on issues in assigned portfolio and sector.
- Maintain knowledge of assets including performance, values and risks.
- Maintain knowledge of international markets including economic, political, tax, and currency issues.
- Evaluate performance of operating partners with respect to compliance with partnership mandate, partnership requirements and guidelines.
In addition to evaluating each candidate's relative ability, as demonstrated by quality and breadth of experience, the following factors will provide the basis for competitively evaluating each candidate:
- Four years of real estate and/or infrastructure experience
- A high degree of initiative, professionalism, confidentiality, and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills are also desirable.