Associate Portfolio Analyst - Fixed Income - Global Multi-Sector
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Associate Portfolio Analyst is primarily responsible for assisting the portfolio analyst in researching investment portfolios and supporting other investment staff. The associate portfolio analyst leverages the time of the portfolio analyst, portfolio specialist and portfolio manager by providing analysis and expertise on investment strategies. Analysis and content developed by the portfolio analyst team supports the firm’s efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The associate portfolio analyst must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The associate portfolio analyst must excel at working independently while collaborating with many groups across the enterprise
Data, Research & Analysis
- Grow and maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications in order to extract investment data, interpret results and assist with analysis.
- Conduct investment research, in conjunction with the portfolio analyst, on assigned investment portfolios, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning. Research conducted may provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Under the direction of the portfolio analyst, creates custom analysis either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time sensitive environment on a global scale.
- Develop and maintain knowledge on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers.
- Assist with quarterly strategy updates to inform the enterprise of investment results and views on assigned strategies.
Provide leverage to other investment professionals:
- Support portfolio analysts, portfolio specialists and portfolio managers in response to internal distribution and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up to prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Works closely with portfolio analyst in the content creation process including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (i.e. mini kits, capital market decks, matrixes, new product collateral, etc.) used by Investment Management, portfolio specialists and the Business Units.
- Provide investment support for the creation and updating of sales and marketing collateral.
Franchise and asset class support:
- Develop and maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment in order to respond to client needs.
- Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education and support for distribution associates.
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about assigned investment portfolios.
- Provide assistance on client questionnaires for assigned investment strategies.
- College degree and 4+ years of investment experience
- Progress toward Master of Business (MBA) or related degree and/or Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)
- Institutional Investment knowledge
- College degree and 2 – 3 years of related investment work experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Analysts, Portfolio Specialists and Portfolio Managers.