Investments Data and Operational Due Diligence Specialist
1 day left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Monthly Salary: $5,000.00 - $6,250.00
Job Posting Number: 1101
Salary Group: B22 – B24
Opening Date: 07/05/2017
Class Number: 1082 – 1084
Open Until Closed
Number of Openings:
To apply for positions at the Employees Retirement System of Texas, a State of Texas Application and ERS Qualifications Form are required. To access these forms and for more information on how to apply, visit our career page.
- Reviews and tests data integrity within investment systems.
- Acts as the Division’s subject matter expert for the alternative assets’ internal data systems, Private I, and Private Informant.
- Reviews and verifies custodian reporting of class action activity to ensure proper and timely filing by the custodian.
- Provides oversight of proxy voting system ensuring timely voting and compliance with internal processes.
- Reviews, verifies or assists in the preparation of daily, monthly and ad hoc reports for the portfolio managers and senior management.
- Under the leadership of the Senior Operational Due Diligence Specialist performs independent operational due diligence along with investment team professionals for external investment relationships.
- Review various forms of documentation and conduct interviews (on-site with operational management) to establish facts pertaining to business and operational risk and evaluate the overall quality of systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel in order to identify issues relevant to the overall investment decision.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with the Investments Ethics Policy and all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing evaluation of continuous changes in the industry and make recommendations regarding the impact to the operational due diligence process.
- Prepares portfolio reports for regulatory and oversight organizations.
- May provide training of new staff.
- Recommends improvements in procedures for key investment operations processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Two (2) - three (3) years of experience in due diligence reviews or auditing, investment accounting, investment operations or financial analysis.
- Extensive use of advanced Excel functions.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
4. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
5. Experience with due diligence reviews or auditing of control environments within the
financial services industry.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com .
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty Codes listed below along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
36B – Financial Management Technician
36A – Financial Manager
LS – Logistics Specialist
651X – LDO Supply Corps
SK - Storekeeper
31 – Financial Management
3402 – Finance Officer
65FX – Financial Management
Additional Military Crosswalk information specific to this posting can be accessed at the State Auditor’s office link below. Compare the Class Number in the ERS job posting to the Class Code on the State Auditor’s Office listing of job descriptions. The Military Crosswalk appears under Occupational Category for each job description. http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.state.tx.us Web: www.ers.state.tx.us
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989