Vice President, Portfolio Manager
Working in collaboration with Howe & Rusling's senior leadership and the firm's Investment Committee, our ideal candidate will manage individual and institutional client relationships.
The Portfolio Manager will meet with clients and prospective clients to gain an understanding of their evolving financial needs and will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate investment strategies for such clients. They will also present investment and economic updates to clients on a regular basis and serve as the client's primary contact for investment and portfolio related questions.
Business development will be an important part of this position and its sucess. The portfolio manager will be a part of the firm's business development team and will be responsible for sourcing and introducing new potential clients to the firm.
Lastly, sucessful, interested and appropriately qualified Portfolio Managers may be offered the opportunity to join the firm's investment committee.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 7 years of investment management experience, particularly in client relationship management
- Customer-service oriented and motivated to initiate frequent communication with clients, prospective clients, and referral sources
- Experience attaining high net worth and institutional client relationships
- Ability to understand clients' investment needs to create a tailored strategy for achieving clients' goals
- Extensive understanding of the financial markets and investing
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
- Comfortable and proficient at presenting to prospective and current clients
- Existing client base is preferred but not required
- CFA or CFP is preferred but not required
- Existing network in Western New York is preferred but not required