Vice President, Senior Investment Officer
Working in collaboration with Howe & Rusling's senior leadership and the firm's Investment Committee, our ideal candidate will take a leadership role on Howe & Rusling's equity team and have responsibility for monitoring, researching, and shaping all of Howe & Rusling's equity investment strategies, products, and portfolio models.
As steward and strategic designer of our equity investment portfolios, the person's responsibilities may include:
· Risk-sensitive asset allocation portfolio modeling and construction;
· Managing sector analysts and interns;
· Detailed quantitative and qualitative investment research (including past and forward-thinking performance and attribution assessment);
· Benchmarking and peer group performance and various proprietary Howe & Rusling screens;
· Economic research and top-down forecasting; and
· Verbal and written communication that fosters the confidence of internal staff, prospective and current clients, the media, and the professional community.
Desired Skills and Experience:
A minimum of 10 years investment experience with at least 5 in a sector analyst or portfolio manager role; an industry reputation; and a substantial and documented track record of investment performance
Relevant advanced degrees and/or certifications, including CFA
Experience with top-down forecasting
Some sector experience preferred
Strong preference will be given to candidates either currently located in geographic proximity to Rochester, New York or with ties to Western New York.