Associate Analyst - Private Credit
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Investments Private Credit team is seeking an Associate Analyst to be part of a team that sources and underwrites middle market loans and private placement / project finance opportunities. The team invests across the rating spectrum and seeks opportunities that have superior structural protection and enhanced pricing to adequately compensate for lower market liquidity. This individual would be expected to assist in all phases of investing, including origination, underwriting, monitoring, managing, and exiting of portfolio investments. This position is located in Northbrook, IL.
Under the supervision of Portfolio Managers, the Associate Analyst will be expected to assist in the following:
• Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis used to support the underwriting of potential investment opportunities;
• Preparing internal written memoranda and other materials used to support investment recommendations and to communicate with internal constituents;
• Participating in idea generation, research and analysis activities that create actionable investments;
• Closely monitoring the performance of existing investments in each of the portfolios, including financial analysis of the underlying portfolio companies and/or assets;
• Evaluating market conditions and trends in assigned industries;
• Providing support for internal communications and elsewhere on an as-needed basis; utilizing expertise to advise and influence our clients and Allstate leaders;
• Assisting with restructurings or workouts;
• Some travel will be required.
Bachelor's Degree is required; business related studies preferred. Pursing the CFA designation is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years work experience in investment banking, leveraged finance or credit research.
Prior experience will ideally include leverage lending and/or direct exposure to private equity. Additional skills required include:
• Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple investment-related projects in a time critical, transaction oriented environment;
• Demonstrated experience developing/evaluating financial models, analyzing financial statements, and understanding various valuation methodologies;
• Completion of a strong credit training program and strong command of accounting and finance;
• Knowledge of, and interest in, middle market lending;
• Eagerness to work hard in a team-oriented, performance based environment;
• A self-starter that requires limited oversight in the completion of individual projects;
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
• Very strong proficiency with Microsoft Office;
• Experience with Bloomberg.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on http://jb.al.st/BWGk6 Twitter, http://jb.al.st/BWGka Facebook, http://jb.al.st/BWGlO Instagram and https://www.linkedin.com/company/allstate/careers LinkedIn or watch a http://jb.al.st/BWGpG video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the http://adtrk.tw/7nKLw San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding thehttp://adtrk.tw/7nKLw Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.