Structured Trade Reviewer
Structured Trade Reviewer
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we offer. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and precise is critical - and this is exactly the culture of our Finance group.
There are Finance teams dedicated to each of the Bank's core banking divisions, as well as Group Tax, Group Finance, Treasury and Investor Relations. Together, we oversee all financial details of Deutsche Bank, globally.
Join us and you'll be able to add real value as a business partner. Of course, we provide accurate and timely financial information. We also provide high-quality advice and analysis to our businesses and infrastructure functions, measuring and analysing performance and identifying areas to drive innovative change. This is a strategic group, where we look to control costs, limit risk and strengthen our decision-making process.
Deutsche Bank has a team tasked with the review of executed highly structured trades across all asset classes and product types to ensure a correct understanding and representation of the trade's structure and that all the economic clauses are correctly modelled within the bank's risk and valuation systems.
- Reviewing of executed, bespoke and complex structured transactions across most asset classes
- Reading all the executed legal documents (type of documents include (but not limited to), ISDA Schedules, Swap Confirmations, Collateral Agreements, Loan Agreements, Security Agreements, Insurance Agreements, Offering Circulars, Notes Agreements and various highly bespoke other documents)
- Preparing the trade review memo including deal summary, contingent events, modelling summary, structure diagram and including a review of the modelling of the trade in order to underlying assumptions or approximations within the booking
- Validating of pre-execution assumption and economics of the trades and highlight any material discrepancy
- Chairing meetings/conference calls and presenting the trade review findings with confidence to Front Office, Finance and Market Risk and address any legal issues or modelling approximations and assumptions
- Liaising with Regulatory teams and Accounting Teams to ensure the accuracy of credit risk capital calculations and accounting classification
- Liaising with Deutsche Bank internal lawyers when inaccuracies and ambiguity in the legal documentation have been identified and engaging with external counsel for further clarification or corrections as necessary
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong financial mathematics experience and experience in modelling trades, or
- Experience in drafting/reviewing complex transaction legal documentation, or
- Experience within a structured product business
- Ideally background across multiple asset classes but particularly within Credit
- Educated to Bachelor degree level in a relevant discipline (or equivalent qualification / work experience)
- Professional qualification, CFA, PhD, Masters in Finance or equivalent
- Highly numerate, professional, thorough and proactive
- Able to develop strong working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Able to question and challenge in a constructive fashion with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrable previous experience in this area
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.