Executive / Senior Executive - Debt Advisory
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Make a real difference to our clients through structuring and executing transactions to meet key business needs
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
KPMG Debt Advisory Services is the largest independent Debt Advisory team in Australia with links to global professionals in key international markets, and represents a very well-respected brand within the corporate advisory market. The team is led by a core group of experienced investment and corporate bankers with a strong track-record of structuring and raising capital for a range of market leading private equity, publicly listed and private companies.
Your new role:
The role is ideally suited for an Executive/Senior Executive with significant experience in debt capital markets looking to take the next step in their career in an advisory environment. You will:
- Manage client engagements, or components of large scale engagements, for a diverse range of corporate advisory mandates, encompassing various debt and capital markets products and capital structure advice
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in the delivery of quality services to clients, providing value add solutions to client's problems and a high level of attention to detail expected of a professional services organisation
- Proactively manage deal execution, including the preparation of bank presentations, information memoranda, credit analysis and financial modelling, which would include regular interaction with clients, financiers and legal advisers
- Provides direction to junior engagement team members with effective delegation of responsibilities and ability to contribute to their learning
- Respond to requests for proposals and display in-depth knowledge of debt products and markets
- Work closely with the broader KPMG network to originate and execute debt market opportunities, both locally and interstate
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to marketing initiatives, with an increasing focus on business development, building networks and people development activities
Proven significant experience within a professional services organisation, investment or institutional banking, debt capital markets, corporate advisory or a related discipline. You will also be:
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Thorough grounding across different debt structures across the capital structure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills at senior management and board levels
- A collaborative team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Appetite to execute and increasingly pursue origination opportunities
- A solid academic record which should include a tertiary degree in Commerce (or similar) and preferably with additional relevant post graduate studies (CFA, CA, Masters in Finance)
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 17 Jul 2017 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Aug 2017 E. Australia Standard Time