Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Involvement in finance raising and investment activities
- Candidate will have undergone an investment bank analyst training programme or equivalent and have a solid grounding in accounting, corporate finance, valuation and knowledge of securities and financial markets which they will be able to apply to day to day activities.
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in project and corporate finance to Company activities and projects in these areas.
- Work closely with other division of the Company (e.g. legal and upstream teams) on such matters.
- Liaise with external parties (such as banks, lawyers, consultants) on relevant matters, representing the firm in a professional manner.
Research, analysis, recommendation and report writing
- Conduct high-quality research on markets and companies.
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analyses and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision-making by senior management and external parties.
- Able to build and maintain complex financial models (in Excel and other appropriate software packages) to support ongoing projects with minimal supervision.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the Company's financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall group financial policy.
- Maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff members and attends Company events.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work-related conferences particularly within the energy sector as well as attending relevant seminars on finance, legal, Industrial and work related subjects.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree with honours in a quantitative subject such as finance, mathematics, engineering, economics or physics from a top-tier university.
- Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling (as part of an investment bank training programme or equivalent).
- CFA, MBA or postgraduate degree from top-tier university desirable.
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- At least 4 years of experience in an investment banking, consulting or private equity environment, with a few years spent in the oil and gas sector.
- Superior research skills for financial advisory purposes (Bloomberg, FACTIVA)