Model Development - Associate Director/Director - London
Fitch's newly created Model Development Team (MDT) is looking for a Corporate Finance model development specialist to lead the maintenance and enhancement of Fitch's Corporate Finance models and documentation.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Corporate Finance Group to maintain and develop the models in line with the Group's operational requirements, Fitch's best practice guidelines, and policies and procedures. The developer will also identify opportunities to streamline the integration of the models with databases and other tools and to further automate checks and controls. The development process will comprise model design, build, testing and submission for validation by the Model Validation Group.
The developer will also be teamed up with other talented developers within MDT on other Fitch models giving the opportunity to see a wide variety of modelling techniques. Through these projects, the developer will gain valuable credit modelling experience, a sound understanding of rating criteria and knowledge of model governance framework, practices and the regulatory environment.
The role offers broad exposure to Fitch's Global Corporate Finance Group's rating process, model development function and Fitch's second line of defence risk management teams. As a result, the successful candidate will experience working with a wide variety of people across multiple disciplines giving the opportunity for career development, from fundamental analysis to other areas of risk management.
The Corporate Finance model development specialist will report to the Head of the Model Development Team for Corporate and Public Finance.
- Lead the enhancement of Corporate Finance models
- Involvement in other model development projects
- Conducting adequate testing of Model development projects
- Model documentation
- Building a positive cooperative relationship with the analytical team
- Degree in quantitative disciplines required, Masters preferred
- Qualified accountant
- Solid quantitative and modelling experience
- Strong Excel and VBA background required
- XML, database or R skills a plus
- 2 - 5yrs experience in corporate financial modelling
- Previous exposure to credit rating analysis, credit modelling or CFA a plus
- Capable of explaining and communicating the technical aspects of modelling clearly
- Applicants must hold a valid work permit and have the right to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.