Associate - Invesco Private Capital
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Invesco Private Capital is a leading private equity fund-of-funds with over $4.0 billion in commitments to more than 400 industry leading venture capital and buyout partnerships, generating consistent upper quartile returns over multiple market cycles. IPC is a subsidiary of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ) a diversified, publicly traded asset manager with over $800bn in assets under management. The Associate position will be an integral part of the fund of funds investment team. Your primary responsibility will be to support the Principals in the investment process.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Evaluate primary and secondary interests in venture capital and buyout funds as well as direct co-investment opportunities
* Conduct top down market research
* Screen and review offering memoranda, meet with fund managers
* Conduct qualitative and quantitative due diligence on partnerships and companies
* Maintain databases of funds and direct investment opportunities
* Monitor existing partnership positions
* Support the preparation of client reporting
* Attend annual meetings and industry conferences
* Authoring industry white papers
* Other projects as needed
Work Experience / Knowledge:
* Minimum 2-3 years investment banking, management consulting or investment management experience (private equity or venture capital experience a plus)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint (VBA a plus)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness and ability to be a team player
* Bachelor’s degree from top institution required. CFA preferred, but not required. This is a Pre-MBA position.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time. Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing
non-discrimination in employment.