The Investment Analyst is generally responsible for providing analytical support to the broader investment team. The Analyst’s primary responsibilities include interfacing with custodian(s) and investment managers to collect all the data necessary for the preparation of asset allocation, risk and investment performance reports. As requested, the Analyst also assists in conducting capital market, asset allocation and investment manager research and due diligence.
- Provide analytical support to an investment team responsible for managing a large investment portfolio with significant exposure to alternative investments.
- Collect investment manager, performance and asset allocation data; conduct analysis on this data and prepare regular portfolio reports.
- Interface with custodian(s) and investment managers to collect and analyze portfolio data.
- In conjunction with other senior team members, research, conduct due diligence and recommend appropriate investment managers.
- As requested, assist in conducting capital market research.
- Assist in developing financial models for analyzing the investment portfolio and projecting cash flow.
- With increased experience, liaise and network with other industry professionals.
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- The candidate must have a genuine passion for investing and an interest in portfolio management.
- The ability to deliver high-quality work in a timely fashion with limited supervisory oversight.
- A self-confident professional who recognizes the value of collaboration and team work.
- Strong math skills; excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to allow the candidate to successfully interface with external service providers and other members of the investment team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary for the preparation and delivery of investment analysis.
- Experience with MS Excel, Outlook and Power Point; exposure to investment analysis software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree; two to three years of experience in position(s) requiring critical thinking and problem solving preferred.
- Progress toward CFA or other financial professional designations preferred.
More searches like this
- Performance Analysis Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Asset Management Full Time jobs in Bachelors