Assistant Director, Investments
The WVU Foundation is the independent, charitable, non-profit organization supporting West Virginia University and its affiliates. Located in Morgantown, WV, the Foundation manages the endowment for the University and other University related investment portfolios. The Foundation is seeking an accomplished professional to join our team as an Assistant Director, Investments. This position will be responsible for the following:
- For assigned asset classes, with emphasis on private markets, identify and evaluate new investment initiatives, conduct due diligence, and prepare investment recommendations in conjunction with the Director.
- Conduct on-going research and due diligence on managers and partnerships in assigned asset classes. Manage existing investment relationships including participating in manager meetings (conference calls, on-site and off-site meetings).
- Present new investment initiatives and assigned asset class performance updates to Investment Committee.
- Conduct ad hoc projects and manager analysis.
- Create and interpret investment manager performance reports and charts.
- Bachelor degree required. MBA or Master of Finance, CFA designation (or progress toward these credentials) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of investment industry experience.
- Alternative investments experience strongly preferred, particularly private equity.
- Attention to detail, strict adherence to deadlines, and advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience with performance measurement.
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of investment management and research tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested qualified candidates should forward a current resume via electronic mail to:
Please include “ASSTDIRINV” (all one word – no spaces) in the subject line of the email.
WVU Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.