Melville Global is currently seeking to identify a Financial Analyst to work alongside the VP, Corporate Development and to assist in overseeing a portfolio of investments as well as new opportunities. Role will be best suited for someone with accounting and reporting experience.
Melville Global is the family office of a successful business family with a diverse portfolio of investment companies. The family has investments in the following: national restaurant brand, national automotive service brand, professional sports team, event management and logistics, real estate, and food manufacturing. In addition to the existing holdings the group is looking at new investments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate validation of monthly accounting data and produce timely delivery of management reports
- Assist in the development and ongoing management of quarterly reporting
- Assist with preparation, review and approval of investment company budgets
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, and new business process
- Analyze financial information to establish business forecasts for use in making management decisions
- Maintain and develop financial models and standard templates for use during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Undertake special projects to improve process efficiency and performance as requested
- Such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as directed by the Vice President, Corporate Development.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an analyst and daily accounting environment
- Expert understanding of accounting principles and internal controls
- Ability to handle and safeguard highly confidential material and correspondence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to interpret and provide insightful commentary on financial results
- Experience assisting with preparation of budgets and cash flows
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, numeric, and verbal/written skills
- Effective project management skills
- Advance experience with Microsoft office products
- Must be a team player with effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail is a must
- Some experience with corporate and personal tax would be an asset