Financial Risk Analyst
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that risks are effectively managed and appropriate policies are implemented throughout the Company.
- Strong analytical knowledge on various Investment products (including derivatives, fixed income, equity) and risk metrics/techniques (such as VaR, Stress Testing, alpha, beta, tracking error)
- Assist with / Develop and build internal risk models for monitoring of Investment risk, Counterparty risk and Insurance risk
- Identifying risks and monitoring key Investment decisions associated with these.
- Participating in various committees /Boards and processes representing the Risk Department and actively promoting opportunities to improve risk mitigations / controls and manage risk
- Assessing emerging and macro risks, including new products or significant process / business changes and propose effective solutions
- Promoting a strong risk awareness culture
- Work closely with the Central Bank of Ireland in providing information on the risk appetite and risk profile of the companies
- Undertaking ad hoc requests and reports as required from time to time.
- Work and interact closely with internal teams, in particular the Investment Team in both monitoring and assessing risk
- Participate in regulatory and prudential tasks as / when required
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 3-5years' work experience in Risk Management within an asset management or mutual funds environment
- Degree or Postgraduate with substantial mathematical/ quants / statistical/ financial element. FRM / PRM / CFA accreditation would be an advantage
- Good understanding/working knowledge of risk measurement tools/concepts for example: Absolute/Relative VaR, Alpha, Volatility, Correlation
- Good understanding/working knowledge of financial products - for example Call/Put, Index/Unit Linked, Equity, Bonds
- Proficient user of Bloomberg and other systems (For example MISYS)
- Advanced VB/Excel proficiency a minimum requirement
- IT related skills (such as SQL Server or C Sharp, etc.) an advantage
- UCITS or other regulatory knowledge an advantage