Investment Banking / Private Equity Analyst
We are a regional investment and advisory firm made up of four strategic business divisions covering Investment Banking, Private Equity, Asset Management and Principal Investments.
Having a regional focus we provide a wide range of investment advisory and investment fund management services to a substantial client base which includes public and private companies, financial and government institutions as well as high net worth individuals. Over the last 20 years we have been successful in positioning ourselves amongst the region's most trusted and reputed financial institutions.
Our Investment Banking unit has successfully conducted a range of assignments including IPOs, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, valuations, privatizations, restructurings, feasibility studies and balance sheet optimizations.
Our private equity franchise invests proprietary capital in MENA via buyouts and growth capital opportunities.
- Candidate must have a successful academic track record at a highly reputed business school, preferably with a corporate finance emphasis, a CFA qualification will be viewed favorably.
- Candidate must have worked in an investment bank / private equity / big 4 advisory services firm and have previous exposure to excel financial modeling with a solid understanding of corporate finance valuation methods.
- Other requirements include strong analytical skills, strong PowerPoint and Excel skills, inter-personal skills, flexibility, adaptability and team orientation.
- Fluency in English, Arabic would be beneficial.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Developing financial models, LBO models, analyzing financial statements, drafting presentations and various other documents such as prospectuses, information memoranda, teasers etc.
- Undertaking valuation analysis of companies (both public listed and private companies) using Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) analysis, traded and transaction comparable analysis, NAV, Precedent Transactions, Private Equity valuation and other relevant methodologies.
- The Analyst will be assigned to project teams and shall report to the Team/Project Leader(s) as well as to VPs and the Managing Director of the division.
- Participating in transaction structuring, liaising and coordinating with various internal departments e.g. legal and compliance as well as regulatory authorities, external law firms and consultants, as required.
- Arranging, coordinating and participating in marketing transactions alongside Team/ Project Leader (s) and assisting in the identification of potential counterparties /investors.
- Assist in the management of financial, legal and commercial due diligence processes.
- Identify and short-list potential opportunities, investors and targets for both Investment Banking and Private Equity.
- Creating Public Information Books (PIBs) for projects, marketing meetings and investment opportunities.
- Draft memos to the investment committee with detailed IRR and valuation sensitivities analysis to assist the committee in making investment decisions.