Sr Corporate Relationship Manager - CORI - Shanghai - 20170714002
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
To grow the banking business by both actively acquiring new local Corporate relationships and deepening relationship with existing Local Corporate client base.
As first point of contact to service the relevant client base, to identify opportunities structure and execute solutions in line with the local business plan and global account strategies.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Tasks
- To actively develop new client relationship with big SOEs and POEs by working together with product lines to win mandates
- To deepen the relationship with a portfolio of existing local clients with an aim to increasing investment banking penetration with strong focus on investment banking products
- To originate new local corporate banking relationships in Shanghai region with strong focus on big SOE and POE clients
- To closely work with credit analysis department to ensure credit proposals are structured and priced properly to protect the bank's interest with acceptable return and in line with the global risk & return scenario
- Proper follow up with Risk is also needed in respect of addressing all further enquiries and additional input as needed
- To plan visits to facility clients at acceptable frequencies to update business development of the clients as required by the management and the Risk as well as to identify and react to early warning signals on deterioration of counterparty risk and operational risks
- To identify cross-selling opportunities on all prospects and existing clients on CIB products and assist the respective CIB product sales to win the mandate from relationship perspective
- Other ad hoc tasks / relevant responsibilities as assigned by the management
- Bachelor degree (Finance or Business discipline and Master Degree can be a plus)
Working Experience / Technical Skills & Know how
- At least 5 years of banking experience with no less than 3 years experience as a relationship manager for Multinationals, preferably with a major international bank
- Solid accounting, financial and credit analysis skills
- Sound knowledge on different bank products, particularly commercial banking/transaction banking products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build up rapport quickly with clients
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Team playing
- English/Mandarin - Fluent
- French speaking is a strong plus.
- Well versed in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must)
- CFA or ACCA qualification is a plus
Others if any
- Frequent business travels are required