We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
In this role you will provide broad based support to the design and development of new product initiatives.
You will be required to contribute fully to the on going management and maintenance of the existing range of M&G Securities, Charities, M&G Guernsey and PPL products, and the associated process and governance model.
Working with the Product Manager and those leading each asset class product strategy:
- Product development; support development of the product set in line with the M&G Retail business strategy and keeping the investor at the heart of the process. Develop ideas from innovation and concept stage to completion of feasibility and project proposal / business sign off.
- Product management; support on going, proactive management of existing product set to ensure it remains fully fit for purpose in terms of customers' expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape. Where appropriate take the lead in developing and gaining approval for changes.
And in addition to the above, it is expected you will provide input to associated implementation projects as a member of each project team.
Assist in maintaining and developing the Product Development & Management process, and ensuring all initiatives follow this process.
Develop knowledge on market and consumer trends and regulation, and assess their impact. Liaise with sources of market data e.g. Sales teams and Product & Market Research (PMR) team. Establish information contacts within the industry to provide incisive input. Analyse the size and growth of investment markets: relative demand for different products, legal structures of products, product terms/features, distribution, key players, success criteria etc.
All round support for key committees and processes in the product governance model. Produce fund specifications and play a lead role in the annual fund review process. Take ownership for updating product information on internal databases.
What we are looking for…
- Understanding of the retail financial services market and its various product structures and prevailing investment processes (including those of M&G)
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of IT tools (esp. Excel, Internet Explorer, Morningstar, Lipper, Bloomberg)
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, ability to work under own initiative
If you hold the IMC, CFA or other relevant qualification that is desirable but not essential.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.