Senior Associate, Financial Sponsors
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Conducting industry and company analysis (including M&A) as directed to support the strategic objectives of the PE vertical in the Non-Investment Grade (NIG) lending business.
- Developing relevant analysis including financial models, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including where appropriate credit rating agencies') analysis, and make informed judgements on the available liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Supporting the preparation and presentation of
- necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.)
- supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- Supporting all aspects of deal execution as may be required during the development of a mandate.
- Supporting the Relationship Managers to maintain a meaningful level of dialogue and trust with partner banks and Private Equity funds post the completion of a transaction to maximise MUFG's opportunities to win future business.
- Conducting initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedure
In order to be successful in this role, you will need the following.
- Degree level education with relevant post degree qualification preferred (e.g. CFA or ACA)
- Experience working within a banking/advisory or transactional environment
- Proven skills in credit risk and experience in credit analysis
- Established experience in all aspects of modelling (M&A, LBO and ratings) is essential
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of sub investment grade cash flow modelling
- Understanding of the fundamentals of deal structuring and sub investment grade legal documentation
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage tight deadlines and different stakeholders
Please note that due to high volume of responses, we will contact only successful candidates within a week of application.
Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, London branch (a member of MUFG, a global financial group) is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.