Internship - Infrastructure Fund
The Marguerite Fund (www.marguerite.com) is an infrastructure fund investing in EU28 countries. It is the first fund of its kind launched by leading European financial institutions including KfW, ICO, PKO, CDC, CdP and the European Investment Bank. The Fund size is EUR 710 million. Its objective is to partner with strategic, industrial or financial investors to carry out investments in the areas of renewable energy (e.g. wind, solar, biomass), conventional energy (e.g. gas power plants, electricity or gas networks, storage facilities, energy efficiency) transport (e.g. roads, airports) and ICT (e.g. broadband internet access network).
The Fund is looking for highly qualified, strongly motivated candidates fluent in English, with the potential to evolve to a permanent Analyst position at the end of the Internship.
- Strong technical academic background from a leading university. An engineering or business/finance-related degree and/or accounting training (e.g. CFA) is required;
- Relevant experience of working on infrastructure related projects within a leading project finance bank, private equity firm, fund or investment group including due diligence and transaction execution experience is preferable;
- Highly numerate with strong financial modelling skills within project finance or private equity;
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, project and corporate finance and business reporting;
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Collegiate; team and company orientated;
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines;
- Fluency in English (native English speakers or with a command of English equivalent to that of a native speaker, gained through several years of experience in an English speaking environment) and preferably at least one other European (EU-28) language other than French; and
- EU nationality or work permit + Internship agreement (“Convention de stage”) with your university;
- Duration of 6 months.
- Preparation and review of project valuations, involving detailed financial modelling
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Support in origination, analysis, execution and management of equity investments
- Support in due diligence, review of technical, commercial and legal documentation
- Preparation of investment proposals for the management of the Fund and the investment committee
- Preparation of reports and other documentation for the investment committee and other executive bodies of the Fund
- We offer the possibility to gain a pan-European view of the energy and infrastructure business as well as exposure to transactions
- Possibility to get a permanent Analyst position at the end of the Internship
- Competitive compensation package
Please submit by CV and cover letter by email (in PDF format): email@example.com. Only successful applicants will be contacted.