Real Estate and Structured Finance Credit Officer VP
- We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Real Estate credit analyst, focused on supporting Nomura's real estate lending franchise in EMEA. The scope of the role could also include further responsibilities in Structured Credit and Emerging Markets, depending on experience and motivations.
- This role would sit in the EMEA Corporate Credit Team which is responsible for approving leveraged finance transactions, derivatives trades, structured credits and real estate financing transactions.
- Primary responsibilities for this role would be to:
- Conduct full credit due diligence on new transactions including business review, financial analysis and cash flow modelling
- Site visits throughout Europe and direct interaction with clients and valuers
- Evaluate transactions structure, covenants, pricing and propose mitigating features
- Assessment of legal documentation
- Preparing rating proposal
- Actively participate in credit committee, challenging the deal teams and presenting credit views
- Briefing to senior management and liaising with clients when required
- Monitor portfolio of exposures
- The candidate would also be involved in the loan portfolio management and the production and presentation of ad hoc property market analysis.
- In addition, the candidate would have the opportunity to broaden the scope of its responsibilities by taking responsibilities in other types of transactions working with the Structured Credit Desk and the Emerging Markets Desk. Experience in those areas could be advantageous but is not a prerequisite for the role.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Value added interface with business, clients and senior management
- Able to work independently on real estate and structured credit transactions
- Flexibility in being able to work on various transactions at the same time and to meet deadlines
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- The candidate will be an experienced credit analyst with knowledge of real estate financing
- Financial/business qualification such as CFA/Master's degree/MBA is an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar credit role, rating agency or credit fund will be considered
- Ability to work with complete autonomy to run the full due diligence process
- Need to be able to form its own views, to influence decision making and be at ease in presenting to senior management
- Candidate needs to have market knowledge and be able to assess capital structures and pricing
- Experience in structured and/or emerging market credits.
- Fluency in 1 or 2 European languages would be desirable but not necessary