- Take responsibility for the analysis of a list of stocks allocated by the Director of Research; typically such a list will comprise around 25-30 names.
- Ramp coverage on those names within a time period agreed with the Director of Research; typically within 12 months.
- Use all sources available to formulate a view on the stocks under your assigned coverage. This would include sources within the company as well as other industry sources such as competitors and customers, and external sources such as sell-side brokers and third-party research providers.
- Maintain a current rating on each stock on the assigned coverage list. Ratings go from 1 (strong buy) to 5 (strong sell).
- Publish regular reports on assigned stocks.
- Communicate your views to PMs via written reports, voice mails, emails, and face to face meetings.
- Host company meetings on companies on your list for PMs when appropriate.
- Provide an industry update annually on the industries under your assigned coverage.
- Maintain a notional paper portfolio comprised of the stocks on your assigned coverage list.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- MBA/CFA or relevant degree
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in the financial industries
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Research Associate role
- Excellent financial analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Highly motivated, able to think logically, critically & quickly
- Able to work both independently and as part of a Research/Investment team
- Able to obtain AMAC practitioner license in China
- Avidly interested and have a passion for the stock market and has demonstrated this interest through either previous work or personal investment
- Willing to be based in Hong Kong for the initial training period of six months and travel around the region at least 20% of the time