Assistant Manager, Treasury, Liquidity & Capital, Risk Advisory
We work in a challenging and complex environment meaning we look for highly competent, versatile and dedicated people who can quickly get up to speed and work collaboratively to deliver for our clients. Does that sound like you?
The Risk & Capital Management team, part of our wider Risk Advisory practice, is focussed on prudential regulation as well as structural reform, including the impact of Brexit.
You will work on engagements at high profile financial institutions to interpret, impact assess and manages change in relation to regulatory requirements. You will work as part of a team and in close collaboration with clients. Having the right attitude is essential for success in our team, and in our firm.
In addition to external client engagements, we expect you to play an active part in business and team development activities. The extent to which you can support such activities will be balanced against your client commitments.
London based, potential to work abroad depending on the engagements.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding regulations and translating these into technical guidance tailored for client specific situations (examples include Basel, CRR and CRD, FRTB, etc.)
- Performing current state versus target state gap assessments
- Designing, executing and embedding fit for purpose solutions to meet regulatory requirements
- Managing and developing client relationships
- Supporting sales activities and marketing initiatives
- Undertaking learning and development activities to ensure your own professional development
To qualify for this role you must have the following:
- Two to three years' experience in a relevant Consulting, Regulatory, Risk Management, Finance or Treasury role (including banking graduate schemes)
- Graduate degree (minimum 2.i) or relevant professional qualification, e.g., Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Risk Management
- A broad familiarity with prudential regulatory frameworks
You must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (this includes strong PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills)
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic working environment
- Strong team player with good organisation and planning skills
We are Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, imaginative and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Requisition code: 137286