Investment Strategist & Research Associate
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the Head of Central Research in evaluating macroeconomic scenarios and developing appropriate investment strategies across multiple asset classes, including public and private markets in equities, debt, and property, as well as commodities, emerging markets and hedge funds
- The key measures of success will be the quality and depth of research, the ability to source and critically evaluate ideas from our underlying managers as well as from extremal research houses, the ability to structure profitable investments across multiple asset-classes, and to communicate all of the above in a clear and structured fashion.
- Research macro-driven investment opportunities and tactical asset allocation across multiple asset classes.
- Responsible for producing client facing materials of high professional quality which clearly communicate the analysis and resulting recommendations.
Background & Experience
- Ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and analytical skills and an active interest in investments and capital markets.
- Previous investment research experience, either in an investment bank, asset management firm, or investment research house is a pre-requisite
- A demonstrable track record of macro-driven research
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear and structured manner to produce high-quality professional client-facing documents (both in text and slide format). Any final editing experience of investment publications would be advantageous
- Deep knowledge and experience in at least one asset-class, for example high-yield credit instruments, equity sectors/regions, emerging markets, or alternatively a macro-economic background closely related to investment analysis
- You will have a graduated with a 1st class or 2:1 degree from a leading university and ideally be studying towards your CFA or CAIA qualifications
- Strong numerical and system skills with a particular focus on Excel
- Able to work within a rigorous investment process
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted