Index Relationship Manager
The role entails educating, positioning and licensing MSCI's global indexes to current and prospective clients. This is a highly visible position with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI's index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing.
In this role, individuals will work very closely with Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal and Finance.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent experience; MBA, Master's Degree and/or CFA charter holder a plus
- At least six years of experience in the financial service industry with a minimum of 3 years direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail oriented projects
- Strong lead generation, business development and sales closing skills
- Understanding of/experience dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants
- Strong understanding of the global equity market
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Thorough understanding of the investment management process